St. James Academy
Jay Street, Brooklyn
St. James Academy was the
first Catholic secondary school established in the Diocese of
Brooklyn. There were two divisions, one for boys and one for
girls. By 1922 St. James Academy was re-established as Bishop Loughlin Memorial High School for Boys (still in operation) and Bishop
McDonnell Memorial High School for
Girls (closed in 1973).