Catherine's High School
traces its origins to the fall of 1864 when the Racine
an all-girls' day and boarding academy. In 1924, construction
of a high school replaced the academy. The high school was named
St. Thomas High School until alumni rallied to have the name
forever changed to St. Catherine of Siena High School.
It was also in
this year that the high school allowed area young men to attend
classes, thus becoming coeducational. St. Catherine's is extremely
proud of the 15,000+ alumni who have passed through its hall
since 1864. Our rich tradition lies in the contributions these
individuals have made, and continue to make, to our community
and to the world.