Diocese of Brooklyn
Our Lady of Wisdom Academy
Information provided by L. Autieri Gaeta Class of 69
and Maryalis Macaulay Adams Class of 1947
Location: Ozone Park, Queens, New York
Address: 101-25 104th. Street, Ozone Park , NY 11416
Located next to Mary, Gate of Heaven Parish Church and School
Opened: circa 1910. The high school division of Our Lady of Wisdom Academy of New York City, Diocese of Brooklyn opened in 1910. This was preceded by a very small boarding school which began operation in 1905.
Closed: June 1970
Opened under Bishop: Thomas Molloy
Closed under Bishop: Francis J. Mugavero
Known as/Nickname: "OLWA" Students known as "Wisdomites"
Staffed by: Daughters of Wisdom, the D.W.'s
Average enrollment: 400 girls
Chaplain: Reverend Basler
Principal: S. Mary Ruth, D.W. S. Angie Marie, D.W.
Faculty Members: S. Rosalie, S. Theodore, S. Paul Marie, S. DOris Marie, S. MArie Madeline, S. Constance Marie, S. Monfort, Miss Culligan, MissmOOney, Professor Rybka, Sister Alexander and Sister Patrick
School colors:Blue & Gold
School song: "Hall of Wisdom"
School mascot: Tiger
School newspaper: Sagesse
Yearbook: The OLWA
Uniform: Grey and blue plaid skirt or red and white plaid skirt white blouse, navy blazer, loafers
Building is now: Private homes